Ever dreamed of a life exploring the islands, warm sun on your shoulders, gentle breeze blowing through your hair as the bright fireball sun sinks below the glistening waves transforming into million sparkling stars overhead? Now's your chance!
This beautifully restored 41-foot, full keel, cutter-rigged ketch is ready to sail away with her new owner! Her sleek, classic, captivating lines (some say William Garden others Robert Perry designed) are just the start. Sea Parrot is a solidly built, well-balanced, full-keel, blue water cruising sailboat that draws 6'1".. Her rigger says he has never seen a boat built so elegant yet so strong with heavy-duty standing rigging joined to chain plates.
Her recently marine painted decks and hull along with marine varnish wood trim glow in the sunlight. The powerful Lofrans Tigres windless with newly installed deck foot switches make anchoring with either rode (rope) or chain a breeze! On deck she has new running rigging along with stainless steel dingy davits to make getting the dingy up and down as well as stowage easy.
Descending the companionway into the cabins, one is surrounded by custom crafted woodwork including incredible dragon carvings on the doors leading to the forward and aft state rooms. The solid wood trim, cabinets, settees and floors glisten under new varnish highlighted by newly painted, bright white ceiling and walls. Breezes funnel through the 13 opening starboard and port brass portals throughout the boat.
Overhead is a beautifully refinished opening butterfly hatch with new impact resistant glass. Large hatches forward and aft also channel the breeze.
Her forward stateroom has plenty of storage in hanging closet, drawers, shelves and under the bunk. She even has a safe and gun cabinet!
The forward and aft heads both have dark green granite counter tops, new toilets, new faucets, and new shower heads.
The mid-ship salon has a large settee that could easily fit 7 people around the custom table with folding leaves. Pull back the tabletop for access to dishware storage. In the rectangular pedestal is storage for pantry items, books or whatever you heart desires
The starboard settee would easily make into a single bunk, and the port side, another if required. Behind the settees are storage. Below the floorboards is more storage in large wooden boxes that glide on rails under the table and settee.
Enjoy the music from the new marine stereo while charting your course to adventure at the navigation station desk with in desk storage as well as rolled chart tubes hidden behind a panel for those who still like paper.
The galley has a new plate evaporator and compressor capable of freezing the about 18-cubic foot icebox. The 3-burner propane gimbled stove sits next to the deep stainless-steel sink with new faucet and sprayer. There’s also a salt water hand pump.
The aft captain’s stateroom has several cabinets, plenty of drawers, and room under the bunk for storage. Gaze up from the comfortable queen-sized (+2 extra inches in length!) bed through the large tinted hatch at the stars above. The aft head is spacious, for a boat, and gives easy access to the wiring panel behind the mirror.
Come experience the magic and sail into your dreams!
The Perkins 4108 engine and generator is easily accessed behind panels on 3 sides making maintenance much simpler than other boats. Sea Parrot has two, 100-gallon stainless steel water tanks and two 70-gallon stainless steel diesel tanks. Like-new water maker.
Sea Parrot's bottom was refinished the July 2020. - New propeller and anodes were installed. 3 coats CPP Composite Copper Technology ablative anti-fouling paint were applied, Through hulls were polished, professionally inspected and verified good condition then painted with bottom paint to prevent growth.
SEA PARROT DETAILS
Commissioned 1983 Transworld Yacht
Center cockpit, cutter rigged ketch
Length: 41 feet Depth: 6 feet 1 inch, Width: 12 feet 6 inches
Merritt Island (Cape Canaveral), FL
RECENT WORK INCLUDES:
Main & Mizzen Masts & Rigging
· New running rigging May 2020
· Masts stepped, refinished, new wiring January 2020
· New mast top tri-light and halyard pulley installed December 2019
· New spreader light bulbs
· New sail and hatch covers November 2019
Hauled out June - July 2020
Bottom sanded, new anodes
3 coats CPP Composite Copper Technology ablative Anti-fouling paint
Through hulls cleaned and in good condition
Lofrans Tigres Heavy Duty Anchor Windless
· Serviced and installed new brushes
· New deck foot switches
45 Pound CQR with 3/8" chain
Interior & Exterior
· New varnish on all interior and exterior wood March 2020
· Floors refinished May 2020
· New paint inside March 2020, decks August 2020 and hull April 2020
New toilets, plumbing, faucets and shower heads in 2 heads January 2020
Though hull valve replaced in forward head July 2020
· New Dolmetic cold machine 95 compressor and
plate evaporator VD-21 cooler plate freezer system March 2020
· Deeper and bigger galley sink installed along with new faucet and sprayer
· New counter top
· Galley and Navigation headliner, wiring and lights replaced November 2019
Perkins 4108 Engine/Transmission/Bilge:
· New throttle and shut off cables January 2020
· New injectors
· New water pump
· New packing gland seal
· 4 31M, 1150 CCA marine AGM batteries for house bank, windless and engine (can be linked or isolated with the flip of a switch!)
· 2 new bilge pumps & float switches (primary 3700 GPM, back up 3500 GPM) January 2020
· Headliner aft on port and starboard sides behind bed replaced allowing access to wiring January 2020
· All portals removed, bronze polished, glass replaced, seals replaced, re-bedded November 2019
· Forward and aft hatches replaced November 2019
· Center butterfly hatch removed, glass replaced, and hatch refinished November 2019
· Airflow: All portals open making for good airflow. Large hatches and dorades also help with air circulation.
· Headroom: More than 6’3” in the majority of areas
· Bunks & Beds: Very comfortable with more than 6’3” in length. Forward and aft beds are very good condition.
· Wiring: Majority of wiring has been professionally upgraded. Easy to access wiring panel behind mirror in aft head.
· Rigging: Over-sized for boat and more standing rigging than is required per our rigger making her extra safe! Includes port and starboard adjustable running back stays for tweaking the main mast for optimal performance
· Masts: Stepped to the keel
· Fuel: 2 stainless steel fuel tanks (70 gallons each)
· Water: 2 stainless steel tanks (100 gallons each)
· Water maker: appears never used. Extra supplies.
· Stove: Gimbled, 3-burner, propane stove
· Storage: Very well laid out with storage under the floor boards, under bunks, in cabinets, behind settees, in and under table in main salon, etc. Shot gun/spear gun cabinet in forward bunk.
· Engine Room: Halon fire suppression system. Accessible from 3 sides thanks to removable panels under ladder, in galley and aft head.
· Safe: Built into forward closet.
· Davits: Heavy -duty stainless steel davits.